About Me

My photo
Selly Oak, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Just an ordinary woman who is struggling with life and study. Nothing much interesting. zufiaz87@gmail.com

Saturday 29 November 2014

The chosen.. Alhamdulillah!!

Alhamdulillah, all praise to be to Allah! For lending us an opportunity to still be alive in this worldly dunya.. 

A clock tower in my uni (University of Birmingham), aka Old Joe! 

Giving a chance to live in this 4 seasons country, which definitely different from my home country (Malaysia), make me feel a little bit eager to learn about Islam deeply! 

Yeah, I always take things for granted back then, back to my ‘Muslim surrounding country’. You know, when you were surrounded by a Muslim culture, and being ask to do this, not to do that, without any clear reason behind it, you are totally in mess! I mean, as a young folks, we always follow what the other previous people do. For example, when I was 12 years old, my father always pushed me to wear a hijab whenever I wanna follow him out to somewhere. And at that point, I am not really aware what the clear reason behind wearing the hijab. Yes, I knew that every single Muslim women need to cover their hair, but not in clear version. They only said, ‘Allah will be angry if we not follow His rules’, that's all. Until I was like in secondary school, I learnt the ayah about the reason why He order us to wear a hijab, ‘..to make us recognised and not be abused..’(33:59). Telling you what, I am not blaming my father, indeed I am very thankful to him for whatever I am become right now! Alhamdulillah! Thank you Allah for borrowing me a parents that always do the best for me! 

The university's park in Oxford. Winter is just around the corner!! Lets prepare ourselves to not be freeze! 

When I first came to this country, I learnt  and practicing a lots about ‘Rukhsah (concessions)’ in Islam. For example the jama' and qasar (okay tak tahu apa in english) and the khuf things, which I don't even know it when I was in Malaysia. 

Yes, when we are far away from our country, and family, the feeling to find our own identify is really strong than anyone can tell! And with all the hurdles and obstacles that I faced, I realised that nothing will be done, except by His Will! 

All the mess that I did whenever I start my works! 😂😂

My workstation in school.

And my workstation in....my room!! Weehuu!!! 😜😜😜

When I am here, honestly I really keen to empower my self with Islamic knowledges, always try to attend an Islamic talk, join a halaqah etc. Frankly speaking, all these things won't happen if I am still in my ‘comfort zone’ (means still living in my country). Not mentioning that I'd better, actually I am still struggling towards it, but the thing is, He choose me to be given a ‘hidayah (guidence)’ to stay and shift into a better path than before. And for that, I really thankful to Him! Alhamdulillah! 

Thank you Allah for the bless 27 years in my life!! 

(Just something to be pounder upon, I don't really like the idea of what our eldest (Malaysian) told us so far about ‘Allah will angry, if we not follow His rules!’. This statement will makes our toddlers/kids become scared to the Almighty! Instead, we need to develop a love for Allah in their hearts, so that they will intentionally and willingly following His rules!! Okay, this is just my tuppence worth, as I am not really a mother, but hopefully in future, Ameen, insyaAllah!)


From Birm with love❤️❤️❤️
Sufiah

No comments:

Post a Comment